Tuesday, April 15, 2008

booked

richard and i are heading to the states in just over a week to participate with the family in the American Brain Tumor Association Path to Progress 5K in Chicago. whew. luckily, it's a 5K run/walk.

my mom and i participated in the event last year--had no idea or preconception as to what the event would be like. it was great, albeit emotional. i was very weepy and basically bawled for the first mile or so, if i remember correctly. but a good bawl. cathartic bawl.

the event is basically an effort to raise money for brain tumor research, and most teams raise money in memory of a loved one. we were blown away last year by the t-shirts and sizes of the teams. this year, i think we're hoping about 10 of us can make it. richard designed some pretty cool logos--and coupled with my sister's color-choosing skills, i think we have some rather stylin' threads.

you can check out our team blog, and the blog links to the fundraising site as well, if'n you want to join the team or donate some cash. i'm just hoping i'm in good enough shape to make it across the line, haha.

3 comments:

Brian said...

When are you guys heading back? I am going to be going through O'Hare the day of the race in the afternoon...I doubt that is when you are going back, but just checking just in case...

Betty said...

we'll be in town friday to sunday a.m., i believe. i'm sort of just joining in to whatever the plan is--but with my family, the plans sort of come together a mere hours before we hit the road! will you be in chicago, or just passing through?

Brian said...

passing through. I am coming home from New Orleans and have to connect at ORD for my 17 minute flight to Madison. I think I get there around 1pm