Saturday, December 4, 2010

re-joining the workforce

November has been slightly mad. It started with me in the gym, which is pretty wacko anyway, and ended with me, about 12 job interviews later, with a new, permanent job I start on Monday. It's a bit of a hike, over in Battersea. Not far in theory, but with public transport, will be an hour or so each way. Still, not bad for London. The job seems worth it, too. I had been freelance digital studio manager in an agency in London for the last 3 weeks, while the job hunting chaos was happening, earning some cash, which is always nice. 


I have had a bad head cold for the last week, and I can't remember the last time a cold knocked me out like this. Decongestants aren't doing the usual trick, so I've been relying on the tried and true lots of fluids and rest method. Does nothing for the phlegm, but seems to be a little easier to bear with each passing day. Good times. 


I have so much clothes shopping to do, a haircut to get, things to do... I think I shall remain here on the sofa instead, with my orange juice and leftover pumpkin cheesecake. 

No comments: