Tuesday, January 29, 2008

i need to learn to follow directions

ever have one of those days where every thing you touch literally explodes?

below--the aftermath of my attempted birthday cake for our flatmate. and i know, i handled everything very poorly, from assembly to my panicked attempt at rectifying the situation. and yeah, that is my treasured libbey glass bowl that sadly, is now cracked. i think that one exploded when i looked at it.i call the above cake volcano--that's what both little round pans looked like when i opened the oven, after smelling burning cake not 90 seconds after i put both in

the cake, from oven to sink... don't ask why that seemed logical:


my sad, broken bowl:


i'm afraid to touch anything now, for the rest of the day.

oh yeah, and as i was explaining the situation to richard on the phone, the phone dropped and shattered. no pics of that, as all richard heard was a scream and silence, so figured getting that back together to let him know i hadn't spontaneously combusted was important. especially on a day like today.

4 comments:

Cate said...

Hahaha, I mean, I hope your day gets better! How did you manage to mess up a cake like that?
Sorry about your bowl.

K-rock. said...

Yo BB,

Sorry 'bout your cake (and your nice bowl). I've totally had days like this,haha.

Hope there's a cakeshop nearby :)

xo,

k-rock.

Mary Jane said...

That's sounds like s-g that happens to me :)

Sorry about your bowl and your cake baking confidence!

Sigga

Unknown said...

Mmm...cake volcano.
I told you to pull the pins from the "eggs" after you remove the cake from the oven!